Some tips to help you lose weight effectively
- Cut down on refined carbohydrates
One way to lose weight quickly is to cut down on sugars and starches, or carbohydrates. This can be done as part of a low-carb diet or by reducing refined carbohydrates and replacing them with whole grains.
When you do this, your cravings decrease, and you end up eating fewer calories. On a low-carb diet, you will consume fat for energy rather than carbohydrates.
Research also suggests that a low-carb diet can reduce hunger, which may lead to eating fewer calories without feeling hungry.
- Eat protein, fat and vegetables
Each of your lunches should include :
- a source of protein
- a source of fat
- some complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains
Good sources of protein include:
- meat: hamburger, chicken, pork and mutton
- fish: salmon, trout and shrimp
- eggs: whole eggs with the yolk
- Plant protein: beans, vegetables, quinoa, tempeh and tofu.
- Low-carb and green vegetables
Try not to shy away from filling your plate with green vegetables. They’re full of supplements and you can eat huge amounts of them without significantly increasing calories and carbs.
Vegetables to incorporate for low-carb or low-calorie diet:
- Move your body
Exercise, while not necessary for weight loss, can help you lose weight faster. Lifting weights has some particularly good benefits.
Lifting weights burns a lot of calories and prevents your metabolism from slowing down, which is a common side effect of weight loss
If you are unable to lift weights, cardio exercises such as walking, running, cycling or swimming are extremely useful for your general well-being.
What about calories?
If you are on a low-carb diet, it is not important to consider calories as long as you keep your carbohydrate intake exceptionally low and stick to low-carb proteins, fats and vegetables.
If you are unable to lose weight, you may need to monitor your calorie intake to see if it is a factor.
Note that eating too few calories can be risky and less effective in getting fit.
- Tips for losing weight
Here are additional tips for losing weight faster:
- Eat a high protein breakfast.
- Avoid sugary drinks, the empty calories from sugar are not helpful to your body and can prevent weight loss.
- Drink water before your meal. One study showed that drinking water before dinner reduced calorie consumption and may have a beneficial effect.
- Choose acceptable food varieties for weight reduction. Some food sources are better than others for weight reduction. Here is a list of solid and well arranged food sources for weight reduction.
- Drink tea, tea can help your digestion.
- Eat more slowly. Eating quickly can lead to weight gain after a while, whereas eating gradually makes you feel full and releases weight-loss chemicals.
- Get some rest. Sleeping well is important for your system.